Garden Goddess Probiotic Lemonade Recipe
- Juice of 8 lemons and 2 limes (or any combination of 10)
- 2 quarts of filtered water
- 1 cup of whey
- ¼ cup of organic cane sugar
Other: 32 oz mason jar with an air-tight lid
- Dissolve sugar in 2 cups of water over low heat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour sugar water into the mason jar and add the lemon/lime juice and whey.
- Fill the rest of the jar with the filtered water within an inch of the top.
- Let sit on the counter at room temperature until it reaches your desired sweetness (approx. 3 days).
- Transfer the lemonade to the refrigerator. Chill before serving.
- This will keep in the fridge indefinitely, but it will continue to get sourer over time.