Here's the Dealio, summers in Arizona are just plain hot. You may live in another part of the world and that is great. You will enjoy this recipe too! But, when you are craving that mid-day snack, fresh cold salsa sounds like such a refreshing idea. Well, we just kicked it up a notch by letting it sit a little while longer and ferment! Now, get those healthy gut bugs with every savory bite!
- 5 pounds of organic tomatoes
- 2 bunches organic green onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 green chili peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin and/or chili powder
- 3 Tbl of freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 Tbl of whey or vegetable starter culture
It's pretty simple. Just slice, dice, and mix. Pour into large mason jar and cap with a pickle packer or fermenting lid. Place in a cool dark spot on your counter or pantry for 2-3 days. Store in the fridge for weeks.