Garden Goddess Whey Recipe
- 1 qt milk kefir
- 1 coffee filter or cheesecloth
- 1 rubber band
- 1 small wide-mouth mason jar
- Place the coffee filter or cheesecloth around the mason jar and secure it with the rubber band.
- Pour the kefir into the filter or cloth.
- Put in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Remove the filter or cloth from the jar and put the curds (what’s left behind in the filter or cloth, now kefir cheese) in a container. Add herbs and spices to make a fantastic kefir cheese spread for crackers.
- Screw a lid on the mason jar, and keep the whey refrigerated for about 6 months